Feb 06, 2017 07:20
by The Yum Life
As if I needed to give you a reason to make a giant cookie stuffed with Nutella - But since Valentines Day is fast approaching and I, with a sugar loving boyfriend to feed, HAD to start brainstorming the most delicious and decadent thing I could imagine, and this my friends has to be it!
Using an entire batch of cookie dough, a half jar of Nutella and of course a love heart shaped tin (optional, but really, why not go all out?) this gooey on the inside and perfectly crispy on the inside masterpiece is the perfect ending to your Valentines Day meal! Whether it is with your other half or a big group of girlfriends armed with a spoon each (Because lets me honest, this is wayyyyyy bigger then a serving for two), I know you will all love this!
I've always found Valentines Day to induce some stress related thoughts. Whether it's trying to book a table at a restaurant (last minute, of course) on one of the busiest days of the year or trying to nail the perfect gift - while not being cliché' and spending a tone of money. This cookie is the answer to all these worries with it's easy to follow recipe, simple ingredients and is a guarantee winner paired with two spoons, the couch and some Netflix.Best served 20 minutes out of the oven (If you can wait that long) topped with some vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of Nutella, because why not!
Deep dish, Nutella stuffed cookie
• 230g of butter melted and slightly cooled.
• 210g of light brown sugar
• 110g of white granulated sugar
• 400g of flour
• 1 tsp. on sea salt
• 3/4 tsp. baking soda
• 2 tsp. of Vanilla exact
• 2 eggs
• Nutella - This can be how little or much as you like, for this I used about 200g
• 150g of dark chocolate chips.
• Ice cream to serve (optional)
1. Grease a cake tin of your choosing - just your regular size will do as this recipe is quite adjustable to size!
2. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
3. Place both sugars in a bowl with the melted butter. Whisk until combined with no lumps - Allow sitting for a few minutes.
4. Once done, add one egg at a time, whisking in-between to ensure they're fully incorporated.
5. Add vanilla essence, mix and place aside.
6. In a separate bowl, place the flour, baking soda and salt and mix together.
7. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet to form the dough. Mix until combined and a thick consistency.
8. Use half the dough and spread evenly on the bottom of your cake tin and sprinkle with half of your chocolate chips.
9. Now comes the best part, Pour the Nutella out of the jar on top of the first layer of the dough and spread evenly.
10. Add the remaining dough on top of this layer, spread evenly and sprinkle chocolate chips.
11. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, then remove, cover with foil and continue baking for a further 20-30 minutes. This is the point where you can make the decision on how gooey you want it! Leave it a bit longer for a more crispy constancy all the way through or pull out now for some serious ooze. - It depends how you like your cookie!
12. Allow to cool for at least 20 minutes (with foil on), so it doesn't fall apart when you cut into it.
13. Enjoy warm!
See more amazing recipes like this one at The Yum Life