Jan 15, 2013 03:23
by Chloe Morello
1. Go Natural – During summer you don’t want to cake your face with heavy products that are likely to slide right off, it’s all about glowing naturally. Try letting your skin breathe by using a BB cream (Beauty Balm) or tinted moisturiser instead of your usual full coverage foundation!
BB Creams have become a popular alternative to tinted moisturisers because they include multiple skin benefits. Make sure you choose one with an SPF rating for extra protection. Like Garnier BB Miracle Skin Perfector $13.95, or Biotherm White Detox BB Cream $49.
2. Stay Waterproof – Although you mightn’t be swimming, it’s a good idea to use waterproof products as the humidity and sweat can ruin and smudge mascara really quickly. Protect yourself from dreaded panda-eyes and find a good waterproof mascara and eyeliner for your every day wear. I like Rimmel Sexy Curves Waterproof Mascara $17.84 and Maybelline Unstoppable Eyeliner $15.93.
3. Use Stains instead of powders and creams – Unfortunately your regular powder blush is also likely to sweat off very fast in the summer sun, so you’ll be needing something more long lasting.
Similarly, having to reapply your sticky lipstick or gloss is uncomfortable and a real hassle, plus the tube of your favourite lippy risks damage while sitting in your handbag! Save time and product by investing a lip/cheek stain, it’s a two-in-one item that adds lasting colour to your lips, and a sexy, natural all-day flush to the cheeks, you only use a small amount, but it lasts. My favourite is Chachatint from Benefit, it's a pretty peach colour for lips and cheeks, $55.
4. Stay Matte – It’s easy to look oily during summer with the blazing heat. Keep blotting sheets or a face powder in your hand bag for quick mattifying touch ups to stay fresh faced. The Body Shop stocks some lovely Tea Tree Oil Facial Blotting Tissues $4.95 and MAC also has a Pressed Blot Powder Compact for $36.
5. Look Glowing –You’re not going to be wearing long sleeves and trousers in summer so the skin that shows needs to look good. Moisturise every single morning to keep your skin supple and soft. I use Dove Bodysilk Moisturising Cream $11.95. Also, 2-3 times a week you should use a scrub all over to removed dead skin cells, it improves circulation and will make your body glow! Make your own scrub at home with 1 part olive oil and 1 part sugar!
Do you have any summer beauty tips to share?