Feb 23, 2014 03:44
by Georgia Leaker
Summer is all about short sleeves and bare legs, at least - that’s what the media will have us believe! But when you're out late by the beach, or drinking cocktails at a roof top bar (as you do!) the breeze can really get, well, breezy...
While it's nice to be able to beg to retreat inside (or try to poach!) your boyfriend’s jacket, it does pay to be prepared if you don't want to bomb out on style. So rather than carry around a chunky knit cardi, or your favourite old jacket that is beginning to fray, now is a good time to catch a deal on one of the chic, lightweight jackets from the summer 13 collections. Then you can create a barrier between you and the wind, without ruining your thoughtfully put together outfit.
(1) A cropped jacket works best over high-waisted skirts and dresses that nip in at the waist, and also look great over high waisted pants.
(2) A Moroccan-print blazers look great over shorts, paired with sandals and a simple t-shirt.
(3) A leather jacket might seem like too much for summer, but it’s a great transeasonal investment piece that breathes, as long as you stick to real leather, and avoid jackets with a heavy lining.
(4) Want a more relaxed look? Try a printed kimono, draped over a tank top and shorts or your swimwear
(5) A cape (like the ones by Sass & Bide or this Wish version), in lightweight silk or cotton are also a great option, especially for more formal occasions, as they keep your shoulders warm without detracting from your chic cocktail dress and heels like a cardigan does.