Oct 01, 2013 12:05
by Natasha Saroca
Can you count the number of shoes you own on one hand, or do you tend to think the more the merrier? Well, regardless of which category you fall into, it’s time to either: a) get over your aversion to stocking up on stylish kicks, or b) edit your extensive collection to make room for new finds, because this season’s latest drop of footwear is want-them-need-them-must-have-them-now irresistible!
1. Pretty in pink: From pastel pumps to sandals in flashy fluoros, we can’t seem to get enough of this ultra-feminine hue this season.
2. Wild child: Expect to see loads of animal-print shoes on the streets, both in au naturel shades and technicolour tones.
3. Monochrome: There are no shades of grey when it comes to one of this year’s biggest trends: you NEED some (more) kicks in classic black and white. Now.
4. Sports luxe: While monochrome and metallic combos are still popular, sporty shoes in sun-kissed colourways are winners, too.
5. Patterned perfection: Too shy to wear stop-and-stare prints from top to toe? Tackle the trend by stepping out in chic printed shoes.
6. Block out: Get creative with colour blocking this spring, by experimenting with clashing hues (like pastels and primary tones), patterns and different textures.
7. In the navy: Pair dark-as-midnight blue steppers with white, neutrals or neons for a fresh spring look, or black if you’re going for an edgy yet sophisticated vibe.
8. Bright spark: We’re lusting over candy-coloured kicks right now. The brighter, the better.
9. Brown out: For those who shy away from electric shades, you’ll be happy to know tan shoes are also hot, hot, hot right now.
10. Laser love: Shoes with strategically placed cut-outs add a rockstar edge to any outfit.
11. Pastel palette: Pair sorbet-toned shoes with a black leather mini, white tee and edgy accessories for a look that’s casual and cool, or a flirty summer dress in a similar colourway if you want to channel ladylike elegance.
12. Tee off: Add a chunky heel and a t-bar together, and what do you have? One of the most coveted silhouettes of the season.
13. Lace ups: Want to show us your (toe) cleavage? Then you need a pair of sexy lace-up sandals, stat.
14. Shape up: Who doesn’t love an attention-grabbing geometric print? We’re loving steppers in zigzags, stripes and polka-dots right now.
15. Ankle biter: A little sweet, a little sexy and a lot sophisticated, the ankle-strap shoe is available in everything from flats to sky-high stilettos, sandals and wedges this season.
16. On tropic: Hankering for a holiday, but can’t get away? Wearing cheery tropical prints will make you feel like you’re on an island resort vacay. Sort of.
17. White out: Whoever said white shouldn’t be worn after Labor Day would be horrified if they were still getting around today. We think it’s more than okay; in fact, we encourage it.
18. Spring sandals: Embellishments like fringing, studs, bows and bling make simple sandals stand out from the crowd. You have our permission to buy these in bulk.
19. Clog cool: These old-school-style shoes look great with pretty much everything, which gives them the big tick of approval in our book.
20. New metallics: It’s not just about silver and gold this season: rose gold, copper and shimmering pastel shades will also shine during the warmer months ahead.
Which one of these springtime kicks do you love the most?