Jan 22, 2013 09:24
by Natasha Saroca
While the start of 2013 will go down in history as one the hottest summers on record, it will also be remembered for being a scorcher on the fashion front. Australian designers and go-to labels have stepped it up this season, delivering a bevy of ultra-cool threads, accessories and beach essentials that achieve impressive SPF ratings – that is, sky-high marks on Missy Confidential’s ‘Summer Play & Fun’ meter.
Here are our top 20 picks of stylish buys that will help you cool down, chillax and celebrate summer at the beach.
1.A fun, flattering bikini with clashing prints, flirty ruffles and a plunging front will show off your bikini bod in the best possible light.
2.Too shy to bare all on the beach? Then a sheer cover-up with peek-a-boo cut-outs is your new best friend. You’re welcome.
3. High-impact shades are oh-so-hot this summer. Think jewel tones, punchy patterns and strong, geometric shapes.
4. Are you an Insta-addict? When hitting the beach, snap away with a camera that’s sturdy and stylish. After all, sand, water and smart phones don’t mix...
5. Havaianas x Missoni. Need we say more?
6. Wristwear in cotton-candy colours add zest to summer ensembles.
7. Tinted SPF-rich moisturisers offer protection from the sun’s harsh rays, and a touch of colour for those who loath leaving the house without their face on.
8. Team a nautical tee with denim shorts and red slip-ons for a look that exudes seafaring style. Straw hat optional.
9. A maxi dress can be dressed down for a day at the beach, or up for a picnic, Sunday brunch or poolside soirée.
10. Sea-inspired accessories offer the perfect final touch to beach attire.
11. A funky towel with a stop-and-stare print is the ultimate beach accessory.
12. A sexy one-piece with sequins and sheer panels will take you from the ocean to out on the town with ease.
13. Keep your lips looking luscious and sun safe, with lip conditioner full of SPF goodness.
14. Straw beach bags are practical and oh-so-chic. Embellishments, like lace, lend a modern twist to this classic carry-all.
15. A statement beach brolly: (a) provides protection from the sun, and (b) ensures you can always find your spot on the sand.
16. A floppy hat adds a splash of glamour to everyday beachwear.
17. Distressed denim shorts are a summer staple for beachgoers.
18. Play your summer soundtrack, with a portable speaker that offers crystal-clear sound and sleek style, too.
19. Bejewelled sandals create a look that’s luxe yet laidback.
20. Plastic bottles are so passé. Be eco-friendly and fashionable, with a sleek stainless-steel bottle to keep you hydrated.