May 06, 2013 11:04
by Natasha Saroca
We have a confession to make. It’s tough to put ourselves out there, but we wanted – no, needed – to stop living in denial. You see, we have an addiction: an all-consuming, let’s-have-a-liking-spree, haven’t-posted-a-pic-in-hours, what-filter-should-I-choose? type of addiction to...yep, you guessed it...Instagram.
There’s just something so satisfying about capturing simple moments from your everyday life (who hasn’t taken that obligatory #whatiwore selfie or pre-dinner picture?), picking the perfect filter to transform your pic from ‘meh’ to a masterpiece, hashtagging like crazy so your snapshot is searchable, and then waiting to see how much love you get from friends, followers and unknown fans in the Insta-universe. And then there’s the anticipation you feel upon updating your feed and seeing all the new eye candy that’s ready and waiting for you...
Since we spend a good portion of our day checking out what’s made the ‘Popular’ page and new photos in our feed, we’ve decided to turn our obsession into something a tad more productive, and have put together ‘Missy Confidential’s Must-Follow List’. So, without further ado (and in no particular order), here’s our round-up of 15 fashion movers and shakers you need to start stalking (on Instagram, of course!) now. And...go!
1. @_frommetoyou: We dare you not to fall in love with @_frommetoyou’s – a.k.a. fashion photographer Jamie Beck – Instagram feed. Expect lots of behind-the-scenes shots from fashion shoots, wanderlust-inducing travel photos, and the odd pic of Beck and her beau/creative partner getting glammed up for red carpet events.
2. @candicelake: This internationally renowned model/blogger/photographer’s feed is full of street-style snaps, modelling shots and just general goodness from her everyday life.
3. @fashion_press: Consider this your invite to the latest runway shows, exclusive events and fash- pack parties. You’re welcome.
4. @caradelevingne: She’s young, gorgeous (those cheekbones!) and the world’s latest ‘It’ model. Delevingne captures everything from snaps of her modelling gigs to her eclectic-meets-grungy wardrobe. Her feed is fun and quirky.
5. @margaret__zhang: Law/commerce student by day (plus a Fashion/Creative Director at Slate Retail Group, too!) , fashion blogger/stylist/photographer by night, Margaret Zhang is a busy, busy woman. Her feed offers an insider’s look into her day-to-day life – you won’t be disappointed.
6. @sydneyfashionblogger: She’s got more than 220,000 (and counting) fans, so this stylish Sydneysider must be doing something right!
7. @tuulavintage: It’s hard not to experience a touch of life envy when scrolling through @tuulavintage’s (otherwise known as Jessica Stein) Instagram. Her wardrobe and travels are equally impressive.
8. @garypeppergirl: We love @garypeppergirl. Why? Her style’s amazing. Her photos are dreamy. Her pics of faraway places (and snapshots of spots closer to home) are breathtaking. Follow her. Now.
9. @stylescrapbook: She’s got swag and killer style, which is probably why Andy Torres – alias @stylescrapbook – has just over 171,000 fans. Check out her feed; you’ll love it. Promise.
10. @facehunter: Join Yvan Rodic as he travels the world – from Cannes to Kazakhstan – taking snapshots of stylish people on the streets. It’s addictive.
11. @songofstyle: Californian blogger and interior designer Aimee Song has an epic 791k Insta followers. Her personal style is urban chic meets Californian cool. We heart her, and so will you.
12. @zanitazanita: Another slashie, Zanita Morgan is one of Australia’s most popular personal style bloggers. She’s a model and talented photographer, too, as you’ll see from her sublime snaps.
13. @miraduma: A former editor at Harper’s Bazaar Russia and founder of fashion website Buro 24/ 7, Miroslava Duma knows a thing or two about putting together a killer outfit. Definitely worth a look.
14. @thecoveteur: Want to have a sneaky peek in your favourite designer’s or style icon’s wardrobe? Now you can, all thanks to The Coveteur, a popular online mag that has an access-all- areas pass into the homes of stars and style leaders, alike.
15. @blaireadiebee: Need a lesson in layering, accessorising, and playing with prints and colour? Then look no further than the Instagram of Blair Eadie, of Atlantic-Pacific Blog fame. We want her wardrobe. And her photographer, too.
What do you think of our list? Did we miss your favourite fashion Instagram star?