Feb 11, 2013 02:24
by Natasha Saroca
Consider yourself a shoe-a-holic? Then chances are your favourite time of year – besides your birthday, annual overseas vacay and the silly season – is when the latest drop of footwear finds its way into your favourite stores. Are we right, or are we right?
Here are 16 of our favourite trends and footwear faithfuls you should take in your stride this season.
1. The chunky heel: Suitable for work and play, solid stacked heels are chic, comfy and come in almost every style.
2. Killer casual kicks: Sneakers have stepped it up a notch this season, and brought prints in all sorts of punchy colours to the party. Team with jeans, a white tee and a grey cardi for a cool, relaxed look.
3. Statement flats: Expect to see sweet slip-ons in berry tones, metallics and with loads of embellishments in the coming months.
4. Heavy metal: Pair metallic tones with a black, white or neutral palette for subtle style, or team with jewel brights to make a statement.
5. Monochrome: It’s classic combo that’s always in favour with the fashion faithful, but expect it to be bigger than ever this season.
6. Fresh florals: Our love affair with flourishing blooms isn’t over just yet. Add a touch of winter edginess with luxe black leather and gold accessories.
7. Game on: Who would’ve thought the sporty wedged sneaker would be a winner with fashionistas? This season, neon makes way for neutral and moodier tones.
8. Feeling low: This short-statured style is available in everything from slingbacks to court shoes and sandals. Your feet will be forever grateful.
9. Futuristic: Edgy minimalism is where it’s at this season – hologram heels, to be precise. Be brave and wear with silver and electric hues, or black and white for a safe, but still stylish, option.
10. The new romantics: Embellishments, floral prints and a whimsical vintage vibe are going to be oh-so-hot in the months ahead. Add attitude with modern touches, like metallics, studs and biker leather.
11. Emerald: Bow down and make way for Pantone’s Colour of the Year, Emerald. Expect to see this hue everywhere for the rest of 2013.
12. The classic leather boot: You can never have too many pairs of leather boots. Ever.
13. Masculine touch: Fun colours and stop-and-stare prints add a fun, flirty dimension to the sharp, tailored style of Oxfords and brogues.
14. All clear: The good news? Lucite heels and crystal clear panels are here to stay for another season. The best news? They go with everything.
15. Wild at heart: Who doesn’t love animal prints? Pair with red, black, white and metallic pieces for a classic yet up-to-the-minute look.
16. Glam rock: Studs offer sharp, edgy style. Take the toughness factor down a little, without losing any of the attitude, by wearing studded shoes with flirty, feminine finds.
Which look will you be rocking this Autumn?